Wheat powder is a high quality product that is used for making rotis and other bakery items. It has a mild taste and smooth texture. Make your and your family’s favorite "treats" and also give them required a nutritional value. It’s a super powder with benefits that has catapulted its status to a whole new level. Try Hessa’s wheat powder range to enjoy the benefits of this domestic crop that has ruled hearts of the public for centuries.
Uses of Wheat powder :
Wheat is very important to the food industry. Wheat powder is used for various purposes, right from making delicious rotis, to moist bread and cookies as well. Bread, pasta, bagels, crackers, cakes, and muffins are only a small portion of the list of foods that are made with Wheat powder.
Benefits of Wheat powder :
- Wheat powder contains some of the healthiest fats, carbohydrates and even proteins. These nutrients are essential in lowering the risk of developing metabolic disorders.
- The fiber in wheat bread reduces constipation.
- It also contains vitamins and minerals along with antioxidants and vitamin E.
- Wheat powder is considered as high-fiber food which helps in boosting the metabolic rate. In this way, it contributes to keeping the body weight under control. It is a misnomer that eating wheat products will make you fat.
- It provides a good amount of insoluble fibre which helps in preventing gallstones.
- Consumption of wheat Atta is believed to protect the body against the risk of insulin resistance.
- Insulin resistance may lead to visceral obesity, low levels of protective high-density lipoprotein, cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Thus, it aids in maintaining a healthy heart by providing sufficient protection against cardiovascular disorders.
- Diabetics can benefit greatly from a diet that includes wheat. Researchers have proven that wheat is linked to lowering the risk of diabetes mellitus Type-2 disease. Hence, daily consumption of wheat atta is recommended.
Safety profile of Wheat powder :
Wheat powder is pretty safe unless you are allergic to wheat. In that case, your body creates antibodies to fight the invader which may cause breathing problem or even lead to stomach upsets, wheezing and skin rashes.
Handling Wheat powder :
- Wheat powder should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Exposure to heat will dissipate its aroma and essences.
- Sunlight will cause the Wheat to lose its color.
- Extreme humidity will cause the powder to solidify.
- Wheat powder should be kept in air-tight containers as prolonged exposure to the air would dissipate its aroma and flavor
- When frozen, the Wheat powder can last up to 6 months.