Rice powder has priceless health benefits. Rice powder is not just carbohydrates; it is an essential source of vitamin B1 too. It can provide fast and instant energy, normalize and improve bowel movements, and stabilize blood sugar levels.
Uses of Rice powder :
- Rice powder is used to make rice noodles and South Indian appams. It is also used to thicken stews and soups.
- Benefits of Rice powder :
- Great source of energy: Carbohydrates acts as a fuel for the body, and rice is rich in carbohydrates. It aids in the normal functioning of the brain.
- Cholesterol free: Rice powder is devoid of cholesterol, harmful fats, or sodium. It forms an integral part of a balanced diet. It also helps reduce obesity and is one of the most widely eaten foods in the world.
- Blood pressure management: It is low in sodium and can lower blood pressure. Sodium can cause veins and arteries to tighten, increasing the stress and strain on the cardiovascular system as the blood pressure increases. It can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
- Cancer prevention: To prevent cancer, consume rice. They are rich in insoluble fibre that can guard against different types of cancer, especially intestinal cancer. Besides fibre, rice also has natural antioxidants like flavonoid compounds, vitamin C, phenolic, and vitamin-A.
- Skin care: It has anti-inflammatory properties, so it is also good for redness and any type of skin irritation. To reduce wrinkles and other premature signs of ageing, make Rice powder a daily part of your diet. This is because rice is rich in antioxidants and can give a beauty boost to your skin.
- Diuretic and digestive qualities: Rice powder significantly improves appetite, and lessens all problems related to the digestive system. Rice husk, being a diuretic, can help eliminate toxins from the body, and even aid weight loss. It increases bowel movement regularity as it is rich in fibre content and guards against various types of cancer.
- Rich in vitamins: It is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like vitamin D, niacin, fibre, calcium, iron, riboflavin, and thiamine. These vitamins are essential to prevent diseases and boost our immune system.
Handling Rice powder :
- Rice powder should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Extreme humidity will cause the powder to solidify.
- Rice powder should be kept in air-tight containers as prolonged exposure to the air would dissipate its aroma and flavor